How to Beat Yourself by Samson Dubina
Players often strategize on how to beat their rivals. They spend endless hours studying video clips of the strategies that their opponents will be using against them. Instead of focusing merely on your opponent, try to get into your rival’s head and think what he is thinking…
Write up a detailed game plan on how to beat yourself!
1. What are your main strengths and weaknesses?
2. What are some common game patterns that you use?
3. What kinds of serves do you commonly use?
4. What is your preferred way to return serves?
5. What tendencies do you have at the end of a close game?
Once you can think what your opponent is thinking… then you can have a clearer strategy on what you should be improving in your own game!