How to Change Rubber like a Pro
Replacing your rubber on a custom Table Tennis bat can be a daunting experience the first time you try it. Let Paddle Palace Pro Staff member Ryan Hoarfrost show you how it can be done.
Here are some equipment items and tools available at Paddle Palace:
- A great Shakehand Blade or Penhold Blade
- ITTF Approved Rubber – You need red and black colored sheets if you plan on playing in sanctioned events.
- Paint Sheet – For the backside of penhold rackets that don’t have rubber (should be opposite color of rubber)
- Xiom Blade Grinder – Sand your handle for the perfect grip.
- Tibhar Clean Coat Lacquer / Donic Formula Lacquer / DHS T.T. Blade Protective Coating / STIGA Surfazer Lacquer – add a clear coating to the surface of the blade to reduce damage when removing rubber
- Yasaka Clicky Press – Add extra pressure to racket after changing rubber.
- STIGA Balltube Rubber Roller – Protect loose balls in your bag from getting crushed and roll your rubber on to eliminate unnessary air bubbles when changing rubber.
- Water-Based Glues or Glue Sheets / STIGA Glue Applicator Kit – All are ITTF approved
- Knife Set / Replacement Blades for Knife – For the perfect cut.
- Edge Tape – Protect against unlucky table contacts.
- Rubber Cleaners – Guarentee max spin on all your shots.
- Rubber Grips/Tape – Eliminate handle slippage.